Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Started Spar Assembly



Today I started working on the left main wing spar.  Actually, some of the work is for both spars.  I separated  the attach angles, deburred and cleaned up the edges.

I attached the left rib doubler to the left spar as indicated on the drawings.  I matched drilled the doubler to the attach angle on the spar.  I removed the clecoes and deburred the holes.  I set the double aside until it is needed in the future.
I drilled the 5/16" holes in the AEX aluminum blocks attached to the spar.  I tapped the holes with a 3/8"-16 tap to 1" deep.  Both the top and bottom holes of the AEX block were drilled and tapped.
I attached the rib attach angles to the spar.  The tip angle is clecoed in place.  The vertical attach angles are clecoed in place back to back as required.  I will start work on the right spar tomorrow.