Thursday, June 24, 2010

Stub Spar Assembly

I clecoed the stub spar doublers to the stub spar channels. I used a 100 degree machine countersink to countersink the three holes on each side of the left and right stub spar assemblies. I used blue tape to make the holes I am supposed to leave open. The stub spar doublers can now be riveted to the stub spar channels. Upon setting the rivets, the heads should be flush on both sides of the assemblies.

 
Next I riveted the spar doublers to the spar channels.  I then used the 120o countersink to countersink all of the holes on the edge of both spar channels.
 Next I used a Scotch Brite pad and prepped the spar assemblies for primer.  I then primed both spar assemblies with the primer station.  They will now be set aside until needed in the wing build.