Saturday, April 28, 2012

Canopy Skirt

While doing the final sanding of the fiberglass canopy skirt I discovered some discrepancies that I did not like.  They were mainly along the edge of the Plexiglas on the pilot side.  There was also a spot just in front of the canopy on the pilot side and a very small delamination  at the pivot point on the pilot side.  As a remedy I put some red vinyl electrical tape along the edge of the skirt at these locations and cleaned everything really well.  I mixed up a small batch of Gorilla epoxy and put in a small amount of black colorant.  Using this mixture I filled in the very small voids along the canopy skirt, in the field and filled in the delamination at the pivot point.  Next week I will use a sanding block to smooth everything out.  I hope I am finally finished with the canopy fiberglass.